Thinking about some much-needed restaurant social media marketing? If the answer is yes, then you’ve got a long way to go! After all, restaurant social media tips are hard to come by, especially if you’re looking to stand aside from the crowd. Yet, there are some general tips that will greatly help in the long run.
On that note, here are some of the top restaurant social media marketing tips that you can follow:
- Creating a characteristic brand tone- If you have a large social media team, then it may be tough to create a consistent and characteristic tone and voice for your restaurant brand. Bigger teams with divergent personalities may result in inconsistent content which in turn might confuse your audience in the long run. You can address such issues from the start by creating a style guide and other regulations that can be uniformly followed by your social media team, images with similar colours and themes and of course, consistent caption-writing tones and styles. Humour should be suitably delineated and translated throughout varying social media platforms.
- Profile optimization (Platform-wise) - One of the biggest social media marketing tips for restaurants is optimization of your bio or profile on all your social media platforms. Customers should be able to easily and swiftly find your details. The location, email address, phone number, directions/map and restaurant info should be clear on all your social media platforms.
- Track brand mentions- Another one of the effective social media tips for restaurants are monitoring all mentions of your brand through suitable tools. There are many options like Google Alerts, Hootsuite, and more which help you automate your tracking and getting updates when someone mentions you.
- Show people what it’s like behind the scenes - Create a personal connection with your audience, showing them a bit of what it's like behind the scenes, how dishes are made, how the team vibe works and other such inside stories.
- Seasonal items should be promoted - Whenever you’re launching a new dish or a seasonal item/special, you should promote the same extensively on social media since consumers are always looking for something new and unique.
- Feature your staff members - Talk about your employees and their journeys, post photographs, talk about anything unique that they bring to the table and build their connections with the audience. Introduce new employees to your audience as well.
- Share content created by your customers - Check for user-generated reviews and experiences after visiting your restaurant. Re-share the same for word of mouth and brand goodwill along with building more trust. This can be done via written or video testimonials along with collecting feedback from frequent patrons and even re-sharing photographs taken on the premises.
- Keep communicating with your followers - Be responsive to both positive and negative comments and feedback from consumers. You can politely respond to complaints or poor feedback by striving to solve the issue or promising to do better next time. This not only helps you connect with more consumers, but builds an image of a responsible brand that values customer opinions.
- Influencers are always useful - Influencers have ready audience segments that may try something they recommend. You can work with influencers in various spheres and domains (and age groups) for getting highlighted. You can offer rewards, free meals, coupons, and sponsored posts in this regard.
- Paid Promotions are necessary - You must consider paid promotions for accelerating social media marketing activities at your restaurant. If you have the budget, you can create comprehensive paid campaigns that resonate with your audience.